Saturday 12 March 2011

Just a thought

I’m afraid to close my eyes because ill be lost in visions
So I keep them open and imagine myself falling asleep
You see I suffer from a nocturnal plague
Where the mind falls victim to ones dreams
And my dreams spread further than the seven seas
Did I say seven seas?
Dreams stretch further than the molecular universe
The time space continuum couldn’t fit into my mindscape
So I’m searching, feeling claustrophobic on earth trying to figure what on universe I’m I doing here
I fear, one day I will close my eyes and simply refuse to open them
They will say I suffered from a rare case of blindness
Blind diagnosing the blind is all I see though
How strange, if seeing is being able to perceive by sight
Then most are blind and don’t even know it
Because to perceive is to recognize to recognize is to understand
But how many people truly understand what they see
We accept things at face value and let supposed scientist tell us things like
The earth is round when clearly I’m standing on a flat surface in London
And I’m sure my Aussie friend is not standing on a perpendicular angle
Showing me CGI shots of planet earth like you really have cameras with battery life that long
Or trying to tell me in the 80’s America could spy on the Cubans from space
But 9/11 you couldn’t use those cameras to show us what really happened in New York that morning
Now we’re mourning, blind crying asking God why we feel pain and if he really existed then why haven’t we found Bin Laden yet
Or Tupac and Elvis and Madeline McCaine
Lack of answers seems to increase my pain
That's why I rein in my thoughts and write tthis poem

No comments:

Post a Comment