Saturday 24 January 2009

True Matyr

It’s crazy, when I first met you, such beauty
Your lips, your hair, your touch, and the poetry you spoke
They beamed straight into my heart, your words mesmerising
Hypnotising, galvanising, your breath so tantalising
That’s when I knew I no longer needed any army
I suddenly savoured the absence of strife
Realising with you I found a new life – my wife
It’s like you knew me before I was born,
You moulded my path and your rhythm became my new dawn
You became the light that seeped through my thorn
You held out my palm and wept, you said
With it clenched I can make the sun set
And I believed you
I believed your every words, palms clenched
I closed my eyes and slept
I found myself in a strange, mystifying cave
That cave so hollow and concaved that rhythms bounced in a wave
Same rhythm seducing many in raves, it’s the sound they crave
The beats you gave, the one that was suppose to save
Many people, talking and rapping in verses
Congregated in street circles refrained from curses
Dreaming, I allowed myself to lose myself in star skies
Man cries, tear drops too full in my eyes so I’m lost in visions
Soul cries; let me awake as soon as the sun rise
It’s crazy
I remember the first song we sang together
Souls entwined forever, music declaring us lovers
Our endeavours became one when we found each other
I remember the nights, we sat in taxi cars
Brothers starring forlornly through socially dividing bars
Our dream threaded in the vinyl of those demo tapes
You would bare to me each and every one of you scars
I, providing will promise to cover them with the stars
Promise you that in my core is where you are
That’s when I first I met you though
Now reality and glamour as raped your flesh
Now I’m afraid, because I fear that one night
As I lay in my bed with you by my side
I will awake to your terrifying cry,
I chase around to see where you hide
Storming around calling out for you
Rap! Hip Hop, Poetry!
Why you run like you don’t know me
Only to discover it was me who let out the cry
Finally I realise you were never by side
This relationship we had was just one huge lie
Never to know the day I was born
Was the day you were meant to die

1 comment:

  1. love this poem, you've taken me on a clear journey through your relationship with music...thanks

    ReplyDelete